You might have wondered how shower filters will fare in your bath. There is no need to hesitate when it comes to investing in a shower filter because it offers significant advantages. Shower filters are in fact a breeze to use and install.
One only has to connect the device to the pipeline which links it in turn to the shower head. As soon as you have one in place, you can get purified, filtered water. Filtered drinking water has its advantages and so does water that comes out of a shower filtered bath. This article will further talk about the benefits of the device and how to clean shower filter.
In spite of the water treatments around your locality, there are still in fact trace amounts of contaminants lingering in the water resource. Chlorine, lead, asbestos, and bacteria are common impurities found in water and whenever you shower, these contaminants can be absorbed into your skin, not only your mouth.
Chlorine, for example, vaporizes whenever you take hot showers hence you inhale it. This substance reacts with other chemicals in the water and produces damaging compounds like trichloro methanes (THMs). THMs is a kind of carcinogen which causes certain cancers and bladder conditions.
Ideas on How to Clean Shower Filter
Whenever you take a hot shower, the skin on your pores open up and this takes in damaging chemicals present in the water. It is also talked about that one could consume more contaminants while taking a warm shower compared to drinking a full glass of water.
Shower filters with great quality are able to take away THMs and chlorine plus other unstable organic chemicals, which are synthetic substances that can have a negative impact on kidney and liver functions. Therefore, investing in a shower filter is more than just luxury—it is a unit that will lead you to a healthier, sounder body and mind. In case you have invested in the item and do not have any idea how to clean shower filter, here are the steps you need to do.
First, you have to gather some of the items needed for the maintenance:
- Shower cartridge replacement
- Shower cleaner
- Clean rag or sponge
- Rubber seal (if required)
- First you need to strip down the shower filter. To get the filter, unscrew the shower head and the swivel nut that links the filter to the shower arm threads. You need pliers to do slacken the swivel nut. Take away the shower filter’s top and the cartridge. In case the seal is broken, a replacement is required.
- Next you have to clean the filter. Make use of a clean sponge or rag plus water to tidy up the filter. If you notice mildew buildup in areas that you cannot reach, soak the filter first in a pan that has shower cleaner. Ensure that you rinse the filter out thoroughly prior to installing the new cartridge. Mount the replacement cartridge based on the given instructions. Ensure that you have bought the proper type of cartridge that suits the filter you are using. Put the shower filter together once more and change the cartridge as the directions call for it. Change the seal in case of damage.
- Clean the arm and shower head next before mounting the filter. Make use of a pan with the vinegar and submerge the shower head in the vinegar solution to guarantee that the item is clean. Use water and the sponge or rag to get rid of the vinegar solution and the remaining dirt and mildew. Keep repeating the soaking process until there are zero traces of dirt left on the item. As soon as every item is clean, you can finally restore the entire ensemble once more.
- Next on how to clean a shower filter, you have to put the shower filter and head together. Secure the swivel nut and make use of pliers to tighten it more, however, do not tighten the item too much since it can break the filter’s plastic parts. Change the shower head and screw it in position manually.
- Test the assembly by letting the water run for several minutes to guarantee that it is functioning as expected. Letting the water run freely will also guarantee that the filter is pressurized correctly. In case of leaks, take the shower head and filter apart again and guarantee that the assembly is tightened enough. The filter requires cleaning and replacements once a year and if it shows damage, it needs to a replacement.